This blog is dedicated to healing the relationship between human beings, nature and Spirit in urban life. It is the companion website to GreatPlainsGuide.com, the home of my shamanic counseling practice and outdoor self-discovery programs.
Read my most recent post, Where the Heart is Hidden in Plain View. Leave a comment, and sign up to receive future stories by me. (*To be offered the “Comment” option on my earlier posts, you have to connect through the Archive links at the bottom of this page.)
You’ll find new treasures here: stories, commentary, video, poetry and images from a shamanic consciousness all to open the heart of the urban journeyer. Browse and enjoy!
- To promote an earth-honoring lifestyle that grounds our high-speed lives in the rhythms and relations with the natural world.
- To offer a spirituality of ecology: aligning to the wisdom flowing in all created things, not just humans and human institutions.
- To invite people out of their enclosed home and work environments into the heart-opening university of the great outdoors.
- To integrate ancient shamanic healing with modern healing wisdom from psychology, religion and medicine.
- To help people become more fully alive: more forward-directed people of joy, service and purpose.
- To create new friendships and wider relations toward a deep community of modern shamans: open-hearted people able to vision and shapeshift their personal lives for the benefit of others and the planet.
So. This blog is a place to open the heart and share visions, particularly as they relate to urban life. A virtual sacred space, perhaps.
Click on the Posts, Archives or Categories links on the upper right of this page to enjoy this blog and contribute your own comments and insights. If you’d like to schedule a shamanic fire talk, visit www.GreatPlainsGuide.com.
I welcome you!
-Jeff Nixa, South Bend, IN